Design and complete supply of cargo systems for gas tankers.
Gas and Heat controls the entire process of “tailor made” gas tankers, taking care of the feasibility study, the design of ship, the construction specifications (in collaboration with the partner MES), the design and construction of the cargo system, the selection and supervision of the shipyard during the ship construction, the installation of the cargo system and its completion on board, commissioning and the gas trial.
The construction of cargo systems.
The manufacturing cycle of tanks is completed entirely in the Tombolo works, from pressing the heads, to rolling and bevelling the shell plates, to assembly, welding and testing of the entire tank, up to the hydro test and subsequent installation of the outer insulation. The company carries out the basic and detailed design of the cargo system and purchases the relevant machinery, equipment and components, as well as the instrumentation and automation, which is entirely designed, developed, and assembled by our own technicians. Following the customer requirements, the company provides:
- Design, supply of materials and construction of ship canopy deck, complete with deck house
- Design, procurement, construction and installation on the canopy deck of the cargo service piping, including cargo machinery and equipment, steel works, instrumentation, valves remote control and piping insulation
- Transport of the entire scope of supply to shipyard and installation on board
- Completion and commissioning of the cargo system
- Gas and Heat peculiarities , which marks a different to its competitors, is the ability to develop highly engineered systems, taking care of the entire logistics of installation, combining the owner’s targets with the construction requirements
Gas and Heat peculiarities, which marks a different to its competitors, is the ability to develop highly engineered systems, taking care of the entire logistics of installation, combining the owner’s targets with the construction requirements.
Manufacturing of pressure and vacuum equipment, heat exchangers, piping.
With experience acquired in manufacturing and welding of various types of steel, Gas and Heat provides the design and construction of heat exchangers, pressure vessels, boilers and piping made of the following materials:
- Carbon steel, type SA 516 GR.70
- Carbon steel with high tensile strength, type SA 533 B CI. 2 and SA 302 Gr.C
- CrMo alloy steels, type SA387Gr. 11- Gr.22 CI 1 and 2
- Austenitic steels, type SA 240 TP 304-316-317-321
- Austenitic steels with high nickel content, type Alloy 600-800
- Steels at low temperatures, type UNI EN 12 Ni 19 and 13 Mn Ni 6 3
Thanks to working halls dimensions, the machinery, the lifting capacity of up to 100 tons in the main hall, 300 tons in the main dock and the ability to roll on a barge, with self-propelled trucks, up to 800 tons, Gas and Heat builds large steel structures meant for both off-shore and land-based industrial applications. The construction of pressure vessels and large structural works is performed with the use of the latest state-of-the-art machinery such as:
- Plate rolling machine, with 3.5 metres wide, which allows rolling of the sheet metal up to 110mm thick
- Pressing machine up to 3000 tons
- Orbital welding machines for nozzles up to 1,200 mm outer diameter
- Orbital welding machines for tube/curved welding
- Orbital welding machines for tube/plate welding
- Preheated furnaces for bending up to 750° C
- Submerged “narrow gap” arc welding machines
- Submerged arc systems for tube plates overlay
- Heat treatment furnaces
LNG is the Future
Gas and heat hits another score in the LNG market: the supply of the LNG fuel system for a 15100 tons bitumen carrier. Presently this is the second LNG fuel system built in Italy. In 2015, gas and heat built the LNG fuel system for two bitumen carriers which are presently under construction in Turkey, at Besiktas Shipyard. These carriers have a dual fuel engine which is able to work both with marine diesel and LNG as well.
This has followed the experience of the construction of the first LNG system ever built in Italy, which Gas and Heat realized in 2014 for the Gautier ferry. The hull was realized in Castellamare di Stabbia Shipyard by Fincantieri, while Gas and Heat supplied the LNG tanks and the cryogenic pipes for LNG distribution.
The second LNG system fully realized in Italy by Gas and heat is composed by the LNG tank and the pipe system to fuel the engine. The two bitumen carriers will be the first two Carriers of this type ever fueled by LNG in the world. The LNG fuel system will allow the carriers’ owner – the Canadian Transport Desgagne Inc – to operate in North American Water and In The Canadian Great Lake area, fulfilling the emission limits imposed by the new US and Canadian regulations in place since the 1st of January 2015.